An offset smoker is a type of smoker that uses a grate in front of the firebox to hold wood that is burned on one side, as well as smoke and heat.
Offset smokers are mostly used with charcoal briquettes or gas. They are cheaper than other types of smokers but they are also easy to use and maintain. These smokers are designed for use with a grill and it makes it easy for you to use the same charcoal on your grill and smoker.
Offset smokers are famous for their ability to maintain a steady temperature and offer even cooking time. They also produce less smoke when compared to other kinds of smoker models, which makes them better in terms of health concerns.
This type of smoker is quite affordable and will change the way you grill in your backyard. Let’s look at some of the best offset smoker under $2000.
Best Offset Smoker Under $2000
A good offset smoker is a perfect accessory for your BBQ or smoker. It comes with a warming rack and a griddle so that you can cook more than one item at a time. This saves time in the kitchen, making it easier to feed your family on game days and other busy occasions.
Below we have reviewed some of the best options that you can buy for under $2000.
1. Traeger Grills Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
Traeger Grills has a line of grills that are designed for camping and tailgating. The Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker is one of these grills. It is designed to be compact and portable so you can take it anywhere you want to go for some outdoor cooking.
The Tailgater 20 weighs about 62 pounds, so it is not too heavy if you are carrying it around in one trip. You can also take the grill apart to get it into or out of your car more easily.
- The cooking system can fit up to 20 pounds of food at one time
- Warming rack for meat that has just been pulled off the grill
- Ash catcher will automatically clean the ash out of the unit for you and make it easier to clean up after you are done grilling
- Has a lot of different features including dual-action adjustable heavy-duty cooking grates, side tables, front shelf, ash cleanout system and loading door
- Select from 5 different temperature settings to customize your cooking experience
- The grill doesn’t have a lot of space available because it’s designed to be portable
2. Captiva Designs Extra Large Charcoal Grill
Captiva Extra Large Charcoal grill is a great choice for anyone who likes to find outdoors to cook. These grills are popular among those who love to cook and entertain outdoors. With a large cooking area and two adjustable cooking grids, it allows you to grill anything from vegetables to burgers with ease.
Related: How Long to Cook Burgers on Traeger?
The model is available in either black or stainless-steel finish for that modern look. It has four burners which make cooking more efficient than the three-burner variant of Captiva Designs grill, allowing you to have all burners in use at once and still have one left over for warming up food or preparing vegetables and fruits on the side.
- This powerful grill has 794 square inches of cooking space which is enough for cooking for the entire family
- For easy handling, the Captiva grill has 2 individual side tables and locking casters on each side of the unit
- Also includes a sliding cart on each side of the unit and an adjustable grease tray that captures grease drippings
- The sides and handles are made of high-quality stainless steel
- Doesn’t have a strong lock and the temperature gauge is hard to read.
3. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS675CB-D
The Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS675CB-D Heavy-Duty Barrel Charcoal Grill is a good option for someone who wants to grill for longer periods and/or a large number of people.
This grill has the newest technology so it will heat up quickly and provide even distribution heat across the entire cooking surface, meaning you won’t have to worry about cold spots where your food is taking too long to cook.
It has a removable porcelain-coated grate, an ash pan, and a handle on the lid that helps to make it easier to lift. The heavy-duty barrel will also help stabilize the grill while cooking thicker pieces of meat and you can use the temperature gauge to monitor the cooking process.
- Has 2 stainless steel burners, each with an individual control panel, a cooking area of 480 sq. in., and a total cooking area of 960 sq. inches
- Size is great for any size family or group – you can grill everything from hot dogs to steak with no problem
- Made for performance with innovative features like an insulated front door, large cooking area, and heavy-duty barrel grates
- Comes pre-assembled so you don’t have to worry about putting together any parts
- The grill also includes a cookbook
- Doesn’t have any vents
4. Broil King 494051 Crown Pellet 500 Pellet Grill, Black
The Broil King 494051 is a well-designed grill for those who want to cook food at home. It features a black powder-coated steel design with a large cooking area. This grill comes with stainless steel grates, porcelain-coated cast iron grates, and porcelain-coated steel removable grates that can be customized to your personal preferences.
It has an LED digital control panel that helps you monitor it at all times. It also comes with three cooking functions (high, medium, and low), which makes cooking easier and more convenient while providing the perfect result.
This grill has 500 square inches of total cooking surface space and is ideal for outdoor cooking enthusiasts because it can cook food at temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Made of stainless steel, which is a sturdier material than other grill options
- Exclusive and patented PID controller
- Easy for beginners to cook like a pro
- The design is nice and it has an excellent controller that provides easy-to-read temperature readings
- Grill has a good cooking surface, making it possible to cook large quantities of food
- Portable, so you can bring it with you to any place that has an electrical outlet
- The quality of this product is top notch
- The price is quite high
- Not all parts are dishwasher-safe.
5. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2022 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
The Z Grill ZPG-450A 2022 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in-1 BBQ Grill Auto Temperature Control, 450 Sq in Bronze offers six functions – griddle, smoker, oven/grill, convection oven/grill, rotisserie, and searing station.
It comes with features like digital temperature control so you can set it to your desired temperature for perfect cooking every time. It also has an electric ignition for easy start-up.
Overall, it features an impressive range of different cooking modes – everything from grilling, smoking, and baking is available right at your fingertips.
- It is also easy to use and has many great features
- One of the best things about this grill is its size, it can cook up to 600 lbs of food
- Well-built grill that is easy to use
- Has a gas-powered engine, which is different from most pellet grills
- The three cooking zones also provide versatility in regards to what you can cook at the same time
- It is lightweight and has a simple design.
- The grill is a little large and it will take up too much space on a deck.
Offset smokers are popular for the way they evenly distribute heat, the amount of smoke that they output, and their ease of use. They are also less expensive than their competition on the market.
Buying a good offset smoker is a task that has been made much easier by companies that make smokers. Of course, with so many types of smokers on the market, how does one go about picking the best offset smoker for their needs?
The Offset Smoker is a new product for people who love the outdoor cooking experience and desire to grill, smoke, roast, or bake with their smoker but don’t want to deal with the hassle of building a fire.
Features to Look For When Purchasing an Offset Smoker
- Insulated, black powder-coated steel construction
- Deep offset play-through design
- At least two heavy duty chrome plated sheet metal shelves
- Eave over large opening door
- Two doors at front of the unit (one  with a key lock)
- Convenient side shelf for extra storage space
- Large cooking area
With advanced products offered in the market, purchasing the most premium option can be an arduous task. However, to make it simple for you we have reviewed some of the best-selling offset smokers above. If it’s a high-end machine that you are searching for and something that does almost everything right, Broil King 494051 Crown Pellet 500 Pellet Grill, Black is your product.
However, if you are looking for a medium-range yet powerful performer, we recommend buying the Traeger Grills Tailgater 20 Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker.