A marshmallow is a confectionary item that is made of sugar, water, and other ingredients. In this guide, you’ll know about how can you roast Marshmallows on a gas fire pit.
Roasting marshmallows on a gas fire pit is great fun and the best way to cook them. You must have a gas fire pit with enough power and outdoor space.
The best way to roast marshmallows in a gas fire pit is by first filling the metal bowl with dry ice and then adding water to the bowl. After some time, once the dry ice has created steam, you can add your marshmallows and watch them turn into sweet crispy treats.
Marshmallows are made of sugar, water, gelatin, cornstarch, egg white powder, food coloring, and flavorings. To avoid burning the sugar on the candy when roasting it over an open flame like in a gas fire pit- you have two options- to either place the pan with the remaining sugar on a baking sheet or in a shallow pan or to use a blowtorch which can melt the sugar without any burning.
How Much Time Should You Set Aside for Cooking Marshmallows?
Marshmallows are a classic and familiar snack food that many people enjoy eating. As they are quick, easy, and healthy to make, they can be done in less than 15 minutes!
When you think about cooking marshmallows, the first thing that comes to your mind is probably how much time it will take for you.
Cook the perfect marshmallow, it takes about 15 minutes. Some recipes require a longer cooking time, which is usually about 2 hours for some types of marshmallows that are made with gelatin.
Which Types of Marshmallows Are Best For Roasting On a Gas Fire Pit?
Here’s a quick guide to the most common types of marshmallows, which are best for roasting on a gas fire pit.
- Wet Marshmallow: The wet marshmallow is the traditional sweet marshmallow that is made by mixing water and cornstarch. They are known for their soft and chewy texture.
- Giant Marshmallows: These giant marshmallows are fluffy, white, and filled with air – making them melt quickly. Giant marshmallows are also crispy on the outside and can be used as a topping or dip. They dissolve in hot liquid very quickly within 10-15 minutes of roasting time.
- Dry Marshmallow: The dryer version of the traditional sweet marshmallow that dries out sugar syrup until it becomes hard as sugar crystals. This process takes several hours but results in a flavorful treat that has a crisp texture on the outside with an intense flavor inside.
How Can You Roast Marshmallows on a Gas Fire Pit?
Roasting marshmallows on a gas fire pit is not as difficult as it sounds. With the right preparations and steps, you will be roasting marshmallows on a gas fire pit in no time.
To place your roasted marshmallow on the stick:
- Make sure you have a long, thin stick that has been cut to an appropriate length.
- Place the end of the stick into the hot coals so that it becomes red-hot and can hold onto your marshmallow.
- Now dip your marshmallow in the pool of melted chocolate so that it sticks to the end of your stick. The chocolate will keep its shape during roasting and will also help prevent scorching!
- As soon as you see bubbles around the edge of your roast, remove it from the heat – don’t overcook!
Types of Gas Fir Pits For Your Home
When it comes to choosing a gas fire pit, you have to think about the type of fire that you plan to use. There are three types of gas fire pits: the traditional, propane-style burner, and the grill-style.
- A traditional gas fire pit will give you a lot more flexibility when it comes to types of fires. However, there are some disadvantages such as higher cost and limited control over flames.
- A propane-style burner is ideal for users who need a controllable flame and cannot afford a traditional gas fire pit. The disadvantage is increased cost as well as limited versatility with recipes or accessories.
- A grill-style design is for users who want a large space for cooking or just want an all-in-one appliance that does everything in one place. It has the advantage of being cheaper but has less control over flames compared with the other two styles of fires used in this type of unit.
Related: How Long Does Propane Fire Pit Last?
Things to Consider When Roasting Marshmallows on A Fire Pit
A gas fire pit is a good option for those who want to roast marshmallows without any smoke or danger of flames since it is fueled by gas instead of wood or charcoal.
Roasting marshmallows in a gas fire pit can be tricky. To make sure that the flame does not go out and the marshmallows don’t burn, use these tips for success:
- Make sure to place your pot on top of your grill grate (if you have one).
- Fill the pot with enough water to cover your roast.
- Place a cookie sheet or baking sheet on top of the water so it can act as an insulator.
- After roasting your marshmallows, take a moment to clean the grill of any residue.
While cooking over gas is common in homes, they are also popular in restaurants and street food carts. Gas fire pits are an eco-friendly way to cook food in a portable and efficient way. But there are some things that you should keep in mind before you get started.
Roasting marshmallows is a great way to start a fire, but it can also be an easy DIY activity at home. Roasting in a gas fire pit is pretty fun.