Cooking burgers on Traeger is possible but it does take some time and patience. You will need a little bit more time since Traeger doesn’t use any oil as an ingredient in their cooking process. How long to cook burgers on traeger?
It takes 12-14 minutes for medium-rare burgers with Traeger Grills, so if you want that result then set your Traeger at about 280°F (140°C). You can adjust this according to how many patties or burger buns are on it as well as what kind of meat you’re using.
What Is a Traeger Grill?
A Traeger grill is a type of grill that doesn’t burn food like a traditional charcoal or gas grill. It cooks food with convection heat. It gets hotter at the top and cooler at the bottom, which is why you will typically see grilled food on the outside and steamed food on the inside.
The grill uses electricity to heat a reservoir of oil that circulates an element that creates a smoke-free cooking surface. This type of cooking creates moisture that evaporates during cooking, constantly providing your meat and vegetables with moisture, no matter how long it takes for them to cook.
A Traeger Grill is great for outdoor grilling in place of larger models or smaller spaces as it’s much easier to transport than large charcoal grills or gas grills. You can also cook your favorite foods without worrying about them drying out during the grilling process thanks to its unique design which keeps all the juices inside!
How to Get the Most Out of Your Cooking Time With a Traeger Grill?
Cooking on a Traeger Grill is easy and convenient. You won’t have to worry about looking at the grill while you’re cooking and you’ll be able to see what’s happening with your food in real-time.
With this grill, you also get an option for cooking time and temperature settings, so that you can cook your food at the time that fits best for your schedule. It is important to find a balance between these two things because too much time or too much heat will ruin your food.
If you love grilling and preparing burgers over an open flame, the Traeger Grill has got you covered. Also, from a meal of steak to chicken wings, this is a great kitchen appliance that will help you get creative with your cooking.
Whichever level of temperature settings you choose for your grill, just make sure that it’s sufficient enough to cook food well within the applicable timeframe.
Also Read: How Long Can a Turkey Rest After Smoking?
Tips to Make the Most From Your Traeger Grill
Before you start cooking your next grill-ready burger, think of these tips to make sure you’re getting the best results.
- Warm up the unit: Let your grill preheat for 15 minutes before first use. This will help ensure that food cooks evenly and isn’t overly dry when done.
- Season the unit: You can add a layer of salt or pepper to enhance the flavor of meat and vegetables. Salt is especially helpful for steaks, as it enhances their natural flavors by drawing out moisture from meat during cooking and helps prevent them from drying out prematurely due to overcooking.
- Add herbs, spices, or liquids: Adding herbs, spices, or liquids can help with flavor absorption in meats that are particularly tough to cook like pork belly or ribs
- Use more liquid: If you’re having trouble getting your burgers cooked all the way through, adding a splash more liquid into your pan will help reduce sticking and charring during cooking.
What are the Best Accessories for Cooking Burgers on a Traeger Grill?
When it comes to grilling burgers on a Traeger, consider these items as must-haves:
- Knives and steak knives
- Grill gloves
- Grill mat
Other than the ones mentioned above, one of the best accessories for cooking burgers on a Traeger grill is a basting brush. This is because it helps to evenly distribute the sauce to the meat and coat it with a nice crust.
Related: How to Season Hamburgers for the Grill?
How Long Does it Take to Cook Burgers on a Traeger Smoker?
The process of cooking burgers on the Traeger Smoker is fairly straightforward. This means that it generally doesn’t take any longer than 20 minutes to cook a burger.
You should also consider allowing an average of 12-14 minutes per pound when you are cooking your food. With that said, you will be able to make two to three burgers in just under an hour.
The 6 Best Ways to Cook Burger Patties Faster on a Traeger Grill
There are many ways that you can cook burger patties more quickly. Here are the 5 most common ways to speed up your cooking time when grilling burgers on a Traeger:
- Place wet paper towels or cheesecloth over the top vents before closing the lid to create an airtight seal.
- Apply some kind of oil, such as olive oil, to the top of your patty before placing it on the grill.
- Put the burger directly on a wood chip before closing the lid and grill it for 10 minutes without turning it over.
- Close all remaining vents so that there is no airflow before grilling and place aluminum foil or parchment paper over them for an even tighter seal (this bit of advice should be taken with caution).
- Use high-heat direct-heat cooking methods, such as grilling sausages directly over charcoal, rather than indirect heat through smoke-producing wood chips or pellets
- Be sure to brush and oil your grill grates before cooking meat, fish, or poultry, which will help to prevent sticking and assist in cleanup.
As mentioned before, Traeger grills are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. They can be used both as cooking appliances or they can be used with smoker pellets to create an experience similar to smoking foods like ribs, bacon, and chicken. Their lack of emissions makes them a perfect addition to any household due to their being safe around children and pets.